It’s been almost two years since the release date of my writing/publishing experiment, The TECH Project. Publishing the book was something like an education: apart from writing the darn thing, I decided to learn about publishing by learning to operate a publishing company.
To do so, I did research on the publishing industry. I also learned to use industry-standard programs, including Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. (It was only later that I learned InDesign was much, much more important.) In the year preceding and the two years since the publication date, I have learned so much about the industry that I know it’s where I want to be after I graduate in May.
With that said and done, I’ll get to the point.
Jan. 28 will mark the second anniversary of The TECH Project’s publication date, which I like to refer to as TTP’s birthday. Last year, I gave away one copy to a fan of The TECH Project on Facebook. This year, I’m giving away two copies – one on Twitter, one on Facebook – and below you’ll find the rules.
- Start by following me on Twitter. You can do that in the sidebar on the right or by finding me @FelizaCasano. If you already follow me, you can skip this step.
- Tweet me what superpower you want and the hashtag #TheTECHProject.
- You can also tweet me the message “Happy Birthday #TheTECHProject” on Jan. 28 for an extra entry!
- Start by liking both my personal page and The TECH Project’s page on Facebook. Make sure you like both!
- Post on my personal page about your writing experience. What books or authors inspire you? What in your daily life inspires you? Do you write short stories, poetry, novels, or something else?
- For an extra entry, post “Happy Birthday!” on The TECH Project’s page on Jan. 28.
It’s a pretty simple contest! Just do what you normally do on Facebook and Twitter, and you could win a hard copy of the book. I’ll announce the winners by Jan. 31, and I’ll notify winners by Direct Message on Twitter and Message on Facebook.
The TECH Project is a young adult novel following Zoe Lee and five other teen superheroes. To find out more, check out this page.