We’re ending the first full week of NaNoWriMo, so to get things moving, I wanted to share the playlist I’m using to motivate myself this year. Every time I do NaNoWriMo (or Script Frenzy or Camp NaNo), I make a playlist I can listen to that inspires the work either in terms of setting, character, or what have you.
This year, I tried to stick with songs from the late 90’s up to 2006, since my project takes place between August 2005 and May 2006. A couple later songs snuck in, but most of the songs fit those criteria.
- A New Beginning – Good Charlotte
- Bring It (Snakes on a Plane) – Cobra Starship
- Where Is The Love – The Black Eyed Peas
- I Knew You Were Trouble – Taylor Swift
- The Great Escape – Boys Like Girls
- Mobile – Avril Lavigne
- Holiday – Green Day
- Secret Valentine – We The Kings
- Nobody’s Fool – Avril Lavigne
- The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage – Panic! at the Disco
- Pressure – Paramore
- Pump It – The Black Eyed Peas
- Take Me Out (live) – Franz Ferdinand
- Born For This – Paramore
- You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid – The Offspring
- Sweetness – Jimmy Eat World
My word count progress the morning of Saturday, November 9 is 5,430. What’s your current NaNoWriMo word count? What music is driving you this year?