I’m excited to start my fourth year attempting the 100 Books challenge!
Last year, I managed to read 97 books. Some of my favorites? Ann Leckie’s ANCILLARY SWORD — sequel to 2013’s ANCILLARY JUSTICE — along with M. R. Carey’s THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS, the first volume of the new MS. MARVEL written by G. Willow Wilson about a Pakistani-American superheroine, and SHADOWBOXER by Tricia Sullivan.
This year, I’ve already got 7 books on my list — mainly books I was trying but failed to finish in 2014, plus a couple for upcoming events and reviews:
- The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
- Philippine Speculative Fiction Vol. 9, ed. Andrew Drilon & Charles Tan
- Once We Were* by Kat Zhang
- Asura Girl* by Otaro Maijo
- A Crown for Cold Silver by Alex Marshall (ARC)
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown (GiC Book Club)
You’ll be able to find reviews of The Walled City and Asura Girl up this month over at Girls in Capes. If you’re in the West Philadelphia suburbs area, join us for our book club on Jan. 31 to talk about Red Rising.
What books are you most looking forward to this year?